Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Tiger's Quest

Last week I finished reading the second book in the Tiger series, Tiger's Quest, and I really enjoyed it.  I personally liked the first book a little better because I like Ren more than I like his brother Kishan.  It's not that I dislike Kishan, but he just isn't Ren, and Ren is the first brother that the reader meets and falls in love with first. You can't help but fall in love with Ren while reading the books.  
The book started a little slow for my taste and I started to get a little annoyed with the main character, Kelsey. I started the story already angry with Kelsey for leaving Ren and India behind to return to Oregon.  She feels the need to move on with her life without Ren, and so she goes to college and dates 3 guys that become interested in her.  As a reader, I could careless about the dates she went on with these 3 dudes and I was just so ready for the adventures in India to begin again.  The book really picked up when Ren came to Oregon to win her heart again!!!  Awwww....the romance was DIVINE.......
However, without spilling any beans to those of you that may want to read the story, Kelsey's adventure in India continues with Kishan, Ren's younger brother, instead of Ren.  Kishan falls in love with Kelsey which creates a love triangle between the brothers and Kelsey.  
For any of you that have read the Twilight series, this book was similar to New Moon in emotional feelings.  Just like New Moon wasn't the same without Edward Cullen, Tiger's Quest wasn't the same without Ren.  I became discouraged while reading the quest because I wanted Ren back.  I still enjoyed the book and I've already started reading the final book in the series.  However, I'm definitely team Ren!!  

1 comment:

Kami said...

I'm tired of love triangles