Monday, April 4, 2011

Hello World

There is absolutely too much that has happened since I last posted so I'm not even go to start to try and catch up. However....life is good but school is keeping me busier than I would like to admit. At least the semester is almost over and I just have to keep taking everything one day at a time.


Psychology

This class is killing me....and not very softly. I was really enjoying the class at the beginning of the semester but I'm sure as heck ready to be done with it. I took my 4th and final test for this class today. I've gotten two "A's" and one high "B" on my first three tests. I'm not sure how well I did on the test today but I hope I got another "A" so I can drop the "B." I spent the majoritiy of my spring break (6 days) writing extremely difficult essays for this class. Luckily I got an "A"....I was really starting to freak out when I noticed the guy that sits in front of me got a 41 on his! YIKES!!! I've been putting all my energy into this class and I've finally hit my exhaustion phase in the General Adaptation Syndrome (GAS). All that is left to do this semester for this class is to finish writing my research paper on Narcissistic Personality Disorder and the Final Exam. I can do it!

Public Speaking

I'm ready for this class to be over too. My teacher is the most unprofessional and unorganized professor I have ever had. He is literally a minimum of 20 minutes late to every class and he never has time to finish his lectures and I feel like my hard earned money that is paying for his class is going to waste. I paid to take a 1 hour 20 minute class....not a 50 minute class. On the day we took our midterm....my professor had the gall to answer a personal phone call on his cell during our exam. Then he decides to take his phone call to the hallway and he leaves us TAKING AN EXAM unattended. He got so mad at the class when he discovered that a group of individuals cheated on the exam (he only discovered when he graded the exams). What do you expect when you leave a class room unattended during a test. He told the select individuals that if they cheated on the Final Exam they would receive zeros. My advice...don't leave the class during an exam....IDIOT!!! Other than that the class is going fine. We've done two speechs (I got a 98 and 97 on them) and our midterm (I got a 98). We still have 3 more speeches to go and then our final! Everything is happening all at once and I'm ready to poke my eyes out. Between researching for my PSYC paper and researching for my next 3 speeches....I'm surprised I'm not bald yet.

Drafting

I bet you could guess....YEP....I'm ready for this class to be over as well. I'm actually doing way better than I thought I'd be doing when I started this class and discovered I had the hard teacher. I actually have a high "A" so far. We just have one more test, our final (and killer) drafting project, and the final exam. Our final drafting project is going to be REALLY hard but I'm going to do the best I can. So far I think I'm going to be fine but it'll be a lot to work on for the next few weeks. It's just really unfortunate that I draft so slow....precision can be a curse.


Overall, school has kept me extra busy and I'm exhausted. Only 5 more weeks to go till

SUMMER VACATION....oh yea!!!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Wow, sounds rough! But despite that it sounds like you are doing so well! It'll totally be worth it!