Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Tornadoes and Hailstorms

If you've watched the news at all today you would know that there were at least 12 tornadoes that hit the Dallas/ Fort Worth area today. I was at work during the worst of the storms and it got pretty scary for a little while. It was around 2:00 when I got off my lunch break and saw that the sky was black as night outside and the rain was POURING down hard. There were rumors of hail and there was thunder and lightning. A couple of my co-workers were worried and called their homes to see what was happening on the news. Turns out the storms were kinda close but not close enough to harm us. On my drive home I saw this car while waiting at a red light. My guess is that the hailstorm damaged those windows. At work they were saying that the hailstorms this time of year can be pretty bad. Yipee!!
I watched the news when I got home from work and I can honestly say that I'm grateful that my brother in Dallas, my mom in Keller, my dad in Fort Worth, and me in Grapevine were safe today from the tornadoes and hailstorms.

No comments: